Are you looking for a way to use up some Autumnal fruit?
Is there a more enjoyable way than via a Healthy Apple Crumble?
If you don’t like apples you can use any combination of fruit you fancy: apples, pears, blackberries, plums – will all work.
The topping is made using gluten free and vegan ingrediengs. Not your typical flour and butter filled crumble!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do.
For the Fruit Base :
- 200g apple cut into 2 cm slices (or alternate fruit)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Optional: A pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, vanilla.
For The Crumble:
- 120g oats
- 2 tbsp coconut oil solid
- 15g coconut palm sugar
- 2 tbsp rice syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
1. Pre-heat oven to 170°C
2. Put the fruit and water into a pan and simmer on a medium heat for 10/15 minutes.
If it starts to get too dry add 2-3 tbsp water to the mixture.
3. Make the crumble by putting all ingredients into a bowl and massaging together with your hands and fingertips until everything is completely mixed together.
4. Put the fruit mixture into an oven proof dish about 20cm x 10cm wide or in individual ramekins and sprinkle the crumble evenly over the top.
5. If you are making this before a party or event you can leave it at this point and cover or freeze for a later date
6. When ready to cook, put the crumble in the oven for 10 -15 minutes until heated through and the top goes golden brown.
7. Serve with either some coconut or Greek yoghurt.
Other recipes you might enjoy: