These chocolate chip cookies were a vegan and gluten free baking triumph!
Vegan baking doesn’t always go quite to plan, so I was thrilled when these not only tasted delicious but also held together and had awesome chunky cookie texture.
You know those days when you just know you need a certain food, and nothing else will do, well that’s what inspired me to make these.
I NEEDED a cookie, and NEEDED it now, so it had to be a super speedy recipe (I will admit that I did consume some of the cookie batter in the process).
SO Without further ado, here’s the recipe.
- 200g dairy-free margarine (be really mindful of purchasing margarine because most of them are full of really unhealthy oils. This article gives a good range of healthier alternatives).
- 100g coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g gluten-free self-raising flour
- pinch of salt
- 150g of dark chocolate bashed with a rolling pin (I used Lindt 90%)
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 180C a baking tray with baking paper.
- Tip the dairy-free margarine, sugar, and the vanilla extract into a large bowl (or bowl of a free-standing mixer). Sift the flour and a pinch of salt into the bowl and beat everything until thoroughly combined and almost smooth.
- Add the chocolate and almond milk and mix again until the chocolate chips are thoroughly incorporated.
- Use an ice cream scoop or two dessertspoons to drop neat mounds of dough onto the lined baking trays allowing plenty of space between each cookie as they will spread during cooking.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the baking tray.
You might be thinking, hold on a hot second, she’s a health coach and she’s giving me a cookie recipe?
YUP I sure am.
I’m a big advocate of enjoying a little of what we fancy. And you will notice that this recipe is also relatively low in sugar. This is nothing like eating a store-bought treat, which is one of the reasons I so love baking myself because I know exactly what goes in. Don’t be scared to listen to your body and indulge in what you fancy. Especially if you’re making it from scratch and keeping the sugar low there’s no reason not to enjoy sweet treats.
Happy Baking! Miranda xx
If you LOVE chocolate, like me, you’ll LOVE this free healthier chocolate recipe ebook.
It’s yours free, because we chocolate lovers need to support one another!
Other blogs you might enjoy: