Coco Chocolate Snowballs
Coconut is a great chocolate filling and super healthy. Desiccated coconut is an ideal source of healthy fat that contains no cholesterol. It is a source of selenium, fiber, copper, and manganese.
The healthy fats in the coconut balance the sweetness of the chocolate so that these make for a satisfying sweet treat without raising your blood sugars too high and leave you craving more.
Hope you enjoy your festive chocolate snowballs!
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons rice/maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut milk/cream
- 1 cup Basic Raw Chocolate or
- 1 cup store-bought dark (80-90% cacao) chocolate
- Optional 4-6 drops doTERRA peppermint oil
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add all the filling ingredients to the food processor.
- Pulse until mixture comes together but still has texture.
- Roll tablespoons of the mixture into round balls and freeze for at least an hour.
- Meanwhile, melt make Basic Raw Chocolate or melt store-bought chocolate over a bain-mairie
- Add doTERRA peppermint oil if you’re using it (request a sample here)
- Remove the coconut balls from the freezer and roll them in the melted chocolate so they are completely coated
- Place balls on a tray and sit in the fridge to set before serving.