Is there anything more delicious than fresh creamy homemade almond milk?
Well, maybe chocolate?
In which case, homemade almond milk warm cacao might just be my dream come true! (Or use cashew nuts instead for any even quicker homemade nut milk).
How to make Homemade Almond Milk:
- Soak 100g organic raw almonds in a bowl of water for 12-24 hours.
- Strain water from almonds after 12 + hours.
- Blend 3 cups of filtered water with almonds.
- Use a nut milk bag or muslin cloth to strain the pulp from the liquid.
- Optional: add 1 dessert spoon of honey/rice/maple syrup and blend again.
- Optional: add a teaspoon of vanilla powder and blend again.
How to make Homemade Almond Milk Warm Cacao
- Warm-up almond milk
- Add a generous teaspoon of raw cacao powder
- Add sweetener of choice to taste if you feel it needs it
- Optional: Add 1 drop of doTERRA wild orange essential oil
Do you guys remember Options Orange Hot Chocolate?? I used to have one of those sachets every night when I was at Uni. That’s before I had a clue! Well, this is the healthier and yummier version to that throwback! I’d be happy to send you out a sample of Wild orange if you’re a chocolate orange lover too! (Peppermint works well too for the after-eight fans!)
What to do with the left-over almond pulp?
No worries, my friend, I have got you covered!
The pulp is dry, fat-less, fibre leftover from straining the almonds.
Combine (in a bowl) the:
- Almond pulp
- 1-2 tablespoon of liquid sweetener of choice (honey/rice/maple syrup)
- 1-2 tablespoons of raw cacao
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of raw cacao nibs
- Optional:6-8 drops of doTERRA wild orange essential oil
Mix together and roll into balls. Keep in the fridge for 1-2 weeks.
Making homemade cashew nut milk is even easier than homemade almond milk!
Grab my plant based protein sources e-book below.
You might also like:
Is oat milk good for me?
Healthy chocolate recipe
Vegan snickers bar recipe